Thursday, December 4, 2008

Odesk-More Research Needed

I'm sorry it's taken so long for this post. So much has happened. Back and forth from the VA Hospital to the private doctor with Big "A" and "A"'s first cheerleading and basketball practices (YAYY!!! But exahausting!). Not to include homework, quizzes, and discussions in class. Plus it's the end of the company's fiscal year and my numbers for work are due like....yesterday...lol. Oh and did I mention I got my hair cut...lol. Yes, it's been a busy couple of weeks. Anyways...back to Odesk. Of course with all of this going on my research was limited (and it will be for about a week---I had a death in the family).

From what I saw so far, I had to pass tests (such as Office 2003, Odesk's initial test, etc). With Odesk's initial test you are given as many opportunities as you need to pass, but with the other tests you can't retake the test for 90 days. Once you create your profile and take the tests, you are given access to the jobs avaliable. From what I've seen, you have to create a cover letter (insert it for the job wanted of course), and submit your profile. After a set time, interviews will be given (via chat feature) to the most qualified candidates. Odesk does prepare you well for interview giving a list of questions you should ask and how you should conduct yourselves. Overall, I think (so far anyway), that Odesk can be a great option---once I figure out how to fit it into this busy life of mine...lol. I will definitely keep you posted on my progress (or lack of).

No comments: