Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Odesk: Option for freelancers?

Okay, why did I place the "?" by my title. Well, I haven't tried it completely yet...lol. You get to walk through the trial with me. Odesk is a freelance bid site that provides the work, free (except for the 10% that you as the provider will have to pay at the end----which is better than some sites where you have to pay every month). So I signed up for a "free" account and am going through the process now. I have to take assessments, and can't do that right now because I'm at work (and I would have to download the Odesk system on my computer). So I will definitely be doing that tonight (and yes I'll blog my experience).

From what I've been reading from my research online, Odesk uses a tracking system to make sure you are only being paid for the time worked (which is fine, but is a little "big brotherish" and plain out creepy), and pays every week (which is better than most sites who pay monthly). Of course I'm not looking for the work nor the process to be easy, but would like to be worth my time. Freelancing is not easy, but I'm willing to give it a try :).

Just because I haven't completed the process doesn't mean that I won't try to refer you to the site to try it for yourself. The referral link is on the side and bottom of this blog.

No comments: