Thursday, November 13, 2008

Associated Content & Ehow: Option for those who like to write

About three months ago I started to search work at home forums. A great work at home forum, WAHM.com, became my new obsession. I searched this forum for any opportunity that wouldn't take me from my family for too long and long and behold came sites that paid for written articles. Among them were Constant Content, Demand Studios, Quality Gal, Ehow, About.com, and Associated Content. I started gathering information about each option.

Constant Content allows authors to sell E-Books and articles. To be sucessful, you may want to have written a few articles and have a subject that readers are interested in. So this option for me was for later.

Demand Studios and Quality Gal required resumes. As you saw form previous posts, my resume consist of Accounting, and I didn't have a lot of time to do a new resume (I figured I would find time after I get some experience).

So my choices were down to Ehow, Associated Content, and About.com . About.com allows you to write articles and write a blog about a certain subject as a guide. Well of course none of those subjects were subjects that I could pass a 17 day training course on (that's how long their training course is). I check About.com weekly for new subjects. I would love to write for About.com. About.com pays it's guides through residuals. They guarantee $725 a month in compensation even if your residuals don't provide you with that much. So there wasn't but two other choices...Associated Content.

From what I read at the WAHM.com forum, Associated Content and Ehow was the best option for someone like me who had loved to write, but didn't have any documented article writing experience. Ehow allows anyone to write steps on how to do anything (from sewing to making rice). I signed up for a free account and decided to show people how to.....well....I couldn't come up with anything...lol. So off to Associated Content. I read about how to not choose a pen name because if one of Associated Content's partners were looking for someone to write, they would pick someone with their name on their article. I created an account and looked at the calls for content. Off to writing I went. I've only written three articles (actually two articles and a poem), but at least I'm out there. Associated Content does not pay well, but does pay. My first article paid $4.27 (I know not much...lol). You also get paid residuals. It took about 30 minutes to write an article, so $4.27 for 30 minutes isn't so bad for writing a "first time" article. Associated Content pays via Paypal so a free Paypal account will be needed. I love Paypal because it's safe and free (simple reasons I know...lol).

Associated Content also allows you to have your own RSS feed, add subscribers who will be notified everytime you publish an article, and invite others on Google, Yahoo, Facebook, and Windows Live.

Check out my Content Page. The link is on the right side of this blog :)

No comments: