Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quick Dinner Tip

I know...dinner in the middle of a making money blog...how tacky is that....DEAL WITH IT...lol. I want this blog to be more than just about how to make money. I want this blog to be about how to make money and keep you family happy. Here's a quick idea that I modified from KFC and cooked last night.

It was crazy last night. One of Big "A"'s service-connected disabilities flared up, so he's home until Friday (on some heavy duty medicine I might add), so it was up to me to make sure "A" was washed up, dinner was finished, "A" was in bed on time, "A" got her homework done, my homework got done, and Big "A" was taken care of. I took out a package of Tyson's Natural Chicken Tenderloins (more on the deals you can find on these in future postings) and started to look around for the grease. Well what do you know.....NO GREASE. So I pulled out the salt and seasoned pepper and the George Foreman Grill (well actually the grill that looks and work just like George Foreman Grill...lol). I made some rice and corn (the quickest dishes that would allow me to cook and wash a five year old). After washing "A" and making sure she was in her pajamas, I went downstairs to fix her and Big "A"'s food. That's when it hit me (*lightbulb*). "A" loves the potato bowl from KFC, why not use the same concept. So that's what I did. First, I took a spoonful of rice and spread it around a little. Then, I took a spoonful of corn and placed it on top of the rice. I then took the grilled chicken tenderloins and placed it on top of the corn. After that I took some Borden Pizza Blend shredded cheese (it was on sale---any cheese will work) and placed it over the chicken. I heated it up for about 30 seconds in the microwave and BAM there's a creative dinner. "A" loved it and I was considered "...the best Mommy in the world" (according to my adorable five year old). For those who need the Dinner Tip in Receipe Form, here you go:

Ingredients:

1 can of cooked corn (or about 4 oz of frozen corn)
1 cup of cooked white rice (yellow rice can be used)
1 package of Tyson Natural Chicken Tenderloins (Breasts can be used---just cut in 4-8 pieces)
Borden Pizza Blend shredded cheese (any shredded cheese will work)
About 1 tsp of seasoned pepper (eye the amount)
Sprinkle of salt (eye the amount)
Vinegar (optional; I wash all meats with Vinegar)

Directions:

Season Chicken with salt and seasoned pepper (after washing down with Vinegar--optional); Place Chicken on grill (George Foreman Grill or like product) with each piece being flat and both sides touching a side of the grill---let cook until center is white; Cook Rice; Cook Corn; Fix a plate with the following layers from bottom to top: Rice, Corn, Chicken, Cheese and place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Enjoy!

1 comment:

WorldmedTourism said...

This is most wonderful article